While this workout is beneficial to many, unfortunately, not all can enroll in this class.
YogAir is not recommended to the following:
• Pregnant women – The flips and inversions involved in the workout can be stressful.
• 200 lb. maximum weight
• Those who had a recent eye surgery – inverted poses can cause further harm and injury to the eyes if the eyes are not yet fully healed.
• Those who suffer from vertigo – Sudden changes in movement can trigger dizziness and vertigo attack. It is best to seek the advice of the doctor first.
YogAir is a non-impact, safe, and effective form of exercise that allows you to feel weightless and free!
The hammock is a prop, like a strap or block, intended to assist with alignment, deepen awareness and provide the immediate benefit of spinal decompression.
With the weight of the body partially or fully supported, along with the help of gravity, you can explore and create space in your body as intended in traditional Yoga practice. Without the compression of the joints and spine, you can achieve proper posture and alignment through relaxation rather than effort, therefore finding a more balanced and unencumbered expression of each pose.
YogAir Class Basics
• $10 for first-time 60 minute class
• $15 for 60-minute class
There are 6 spots for each class.
Classes are semi-private.
There is a 200 lb maximum weight limit.
Participants must be 18 yrs.
- Private groups allow for students age 8.
- Pre-registered students will be charged for class if they register and do not unregister within 24 hours notice.
- Pre-registration only guarantees a spot in a full class up to 5 minutes before the start of class. After this time, your spot may be given to another student on the waitlist.
- Facebook registrations or cancellations are not accepted.
- Class Packs are good for 1 year from purchase date. Classes/Packs are non-transferable between students and non-refundable.
What to Expect at Session 1
• Introductory teachings on how to safely practice YogAir as a beginner. This class will utilize a low-hanging hammock to support your body and to enhance typical yoga poses by allowing you to comfortably hold positions and postures you may have struggled with in traditional yoga.
• Learn how to balance, swing, traction your spine with gravity, and much
Some Key Points
• Arrive 10 minutes prior.Class begins promptly
• Bring a Yoga Mat.
• Wear comfortable clothing that will allow range of movement, such as
yoga pants and top that cover underarms and knees.
• Try to avoid extremely loose clothing to prevent the extra fabric getting
in the way.
• For the class, we are barefoot.
• NO ZIPPERS, BUTTONS AND YOU MUST REMOVE ALL JEWELRY!
• No sharp objects on body of any kind, including nails, so do a mani/pedi
check prior to coming to class.
• Observe good personal hygiene and wear deodorant in consideration for
the next person using the hammock.
• Avoid eating or drinking acidic liquids an hour prior to class.
• Do not use hand lotion before class.
• Be respectful of instructor and group.
• Instructor has the right to remove from or deny sessions if expectations
are not being followed.
Five Benefits of YogAir
There are a number of benefits that you can learn by attending yogair class regularly. Here are just a few:
1. Total Body Workout
Due to the nature of YogAir movements, almost all the body parts are forced to move and stretch. Through this, toning and redefining of the muscles, as well as regenerating and strengthening of the joints is happening during the workout. This workout is even used for physical rehabilitation. Decompression of the spine is one of the main features.
2. Inner Body Reactivation
The sweat that you produce during YogAir has a lot of benefits for the internal body’s regulatory functioning. The circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems are reactivated through blood circulation. Through this, you also boost your mental abilities, regenerating and relaxing your mind, and nourishing your skin. It also strengthens the neural connections related to memory and intelligence.
3. Psychologically Beneficial
Just like almost any other workout, YogAir helps rebuild your emotional system because it relieves you from stress. It also helps you combat stresses you may encounter in the outside world.
4. Develop New Body Skills
Because of the new and improved movements involved in the workout, you learn to develop body skills that you may not be able to do in regular yoga.
5. Spiritually Uplifting
The spiritual benefits of YogAir are undeniable. It increases your creativity, which leads you to develop your own artistic skills. You also get to experience more joy and optimism.